miss b's quote

'I haven't been everywhere yet but it's on my list' Susan Sontag

Sunday 22 April 2012

miss b loves......Alfie's, Dubai



Alfie's restaurant, lounge and bar, Dubai has recently opened next door to the Dunhill luxury British menswear store in the Boulevard of the iconic Emirates Towers.


via
This is the third Alfie's in the world with the others located in Shanghai and Hong Kong. 
The sleek, sophisticated interior has a very masculine feel, as you might expect from the Dunhill brand, yet the décor really appealed to me.




The emphasis is mainly on classic British cuisine with a comprehensive menu which includes Cornish crab, fish and chips, bread and butter pudding and even haggis! Could this be a first for Dubai?


I opted for duck rillettes with apricot chutney(with a hint of spice) and toast (this was no ordinary breakfast variety though it was melt-in-the-mouth toast!)and mr b eventually went for a delicious smoked haddock hash with organic eggs and grain mustard. This was followed by rabbit pie while I couldn't resist roasted Scottish salmon with spring greens and parsley butter - two faultless dishes! Although I must add that I had to pretend that mr b was eating chicken pie....I prefer to see rabbits frolicking in my garden rather than in a pretty pot...


This was all so tasty that I completely forgot to take photos until dessert (trust me, everything was beautifully presented) ....and what a dessert...sherry trifle...one which will linger for some time in my memory. 


  
I like to think that I make a decent sherry trifle but this was definitely in a class of its own!! 



Alfie's certainly has style and epitomises understated luxury. The quality of the food, excellent staff and elegant décor make it well worth a visit...we shall definitely be returning soon.......

32 comments:

  1. Dubai, has distinctive architecture.
    A restaurant in the specially designed Emirates Towers. Is it eating well?

    I wish you a happy new week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I visit any of these 3 places, I will remember this restaurant and check it. That sherry trifle looks so delish : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that architecture!!
    xo
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post! Made me want to travel :)
    www.northernstyle.blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds delicious - would love to visit one day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning place :)

    XOXO

    http://puskiscloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. it seems like an amazing place...
    btw if u like lets follow ecah other
    jessillesilv.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I hope to make it there someday! Thanks for the interesting post! Thanks also for stopping by Wrinkled Chiffon! Have a great Monday and I hope you can stop by and check out my DAY style today.

    xo Grace
    www.wrinkledchiffon.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The trifle looks amazing. Hope to see more pics of your trip to Dubai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There will be more pictures coming soon!

      Delete
  10. Great reviews babe!

    xx
    www.thetrendspotter.net

    P.S. you might like a shoe competition on my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That photo of the Towers is amazing! What an interesting structure! Your food sounds like it was delicious. My friend moved to Dubai and, like you, absolutely loves it.

    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Divine place! Such stunning architecture always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely pictures
    Really enjoyed this post :)

    Joanne

    http://www.balletpumpsandroses.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'M OFTEN IN DUBAI! LOVELY POST!!
    SELENE
    http://hipandchips.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's amazing! What an exciting opportunity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi dear! Lovely post and lovely city Dubai ;o). Would you like to follow each other? If yes, let me know... Xoxo V.V.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This sounds great! I haven't heard of Alfies before, but looks and sounds amazing. Thanks for sharing!

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q
    $50 Gift card GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So beautiful!

    http://www.lazyheelsblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. This certainly looks like a lovely place. Your dessert looks yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. beautiful pictures!
    Dubai is a place of richness and excessiveness.
    hope that you enjoyed the good life!
    but defenitly a place that I would not be willing to visit.
    all the fakeness and goldiggers make it a bit less attractive!
    however, great blog! love the way you write about it :)

    xx

    www.blondedutchpie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment - glad you like my blog! I have regularly visited Dubai over the last twelve years and witnessed its development. It's true that there are many extravagant buildings, luxurious hotels etc. but it's also a city with a rich cultural heritage which can only be appreciated by spending time in the more traditional areas and meeting its warm and friendly people. There really is more to Dubai than what is often portrayed in the media.

      Delete
  21. Thanks for stopping by - how funny my friend is just in Dubai I will tell her about ut

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just noticed that you are my newest follower - thank you!

      Delete
  22. Amazing place!!! would love to be there! :D
    xoxo
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sounds good missb! Another destination to add to my ever growing list of places to visit someday!

    A happy weekend to you, Stephie x

    ReplyDelete
  24. That looks amazing!! I'd love to go there!
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  25. That sounds amazing! I've even heard of this place before!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow that looks amazing...very minimal and structured.
    Btw just came across ur blog n I liked it.
    So how abt we follow each other.. Let me know when u do n I will follow right back
    Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment on my blog. I really do appreciate it. miss b

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...